A Stroll Through the Swiss & French Alps ( sneak peek )


The Haute Route - One of the Top 10 Hikes in the WORLD



This is the segment of the trip I am MOST excited about. It starts at Mont Blanc (Chamonix, France) to Matterhorn (Zermatt Switzerland). We are starting out early in the season, so we will be forced to cross a few glaciers and hope to god for decent weather.  Yeah, that's right....I said "GLACIERS".  I’m freaked out over it too. Hard to imagine, I"ll be strolling through grassy knolls, wildflowers, cute little cows (moooo) and BOOM a fucking glacier in my way. Do I need to pack an ice pick? Do we rope ourselves together so we can both fall to our death in the same crevasse? I dunno...I’m just as confused as you are. I will certainly blog on this once we get up there and I’m sliding my ass down a glacier yodeling all kinds of curse words. 


Mont Blanc - The highest peak in Europe (15,781ft) START 
Matterhorrn, the most beautiful peak in the Alps END POINT
112 Miles Long
Crosses 11 passes, gains more than 12,000m elevation
some cows along the way...Moooooo

I Can't Wait to Take My Own Pictures and Video

Mont Blanc ( I doubt it's going to look this "dreamy" but great picture nonetheless)


French Alps - Hiking

Mont Blanc

Moooo ( I love to say moo)


Swiss Alps, Switzerland


Swiss Alps

Mont Blanc- Cannonball





Hostels (See nothing like the movie) (They really could have picked a better name tho)

Mountain Hut
Sleeping with Strangers is just going to be effen weird!




See, Old People Can Do it Too



Glacier

Stairway to Heaven? 



Look How Cute the Moo's Are...Mooooooooooooooo

You Guessed it...Baaaaaaahhh

Matterhorn, Zermatt Switzerland
The end of the Hike
I wonder if there's a Taco Bell down there?
 (We won't be climbing to the top like this crazy MF)













No comments:

Post a Comment