Temple of Apollo

I've always  had a passion for Greek Mythology and just the Greeks themselves. Being able to visit these sites, that I've only read about, was a true honor for me. I never thought in a million years, I would get to stand in places where the ancient Greeks once resided. 

Occupation of the site at Delphi can be traced back to the Neolithic period with extensive occupation and use beginning in the Mycenaean period (1600–1100 BCE). Most of the ruins that survive today date from the most intense period of activity at the site in the 6th century 


Athenian Treasury 








What's left of the actual temple of Apollo





Amphitheater where 3,000 Greeks could sit. The view from the theater was of the Aegan Sea and cypress trees. 



Where the Greeks had the Prythian Games






Their watering system






Great people we met from Australia, Kate and Nic. 













No comments:

Post a Comment